View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 11:05 AM   #40
mowtorman

Default Touchy topics

Both "unhoused" people and trusts.

Why? If you had a trust for 2 years your grandfather didn't buy an island property in 1950...or your great grandpappy in 1930.

As already mentioned the demographics of this forum by nature if the name is skewed. Whether a business or property much has been handled down. Trexlers 50 years, Thurston's was 50 years, Irwin's 80 years, Lakeport Landing 50 years, Nazwa. Not many people people stray from an established place in an established business. They say first generation buys, second generation builds and third generation breaks. I gave specific examples of longstanding trust properties.... it's not good enough. Are we in Egypt and this is De Nile? Birthright can create a whole life what is there to argue?

Congratulations you've secured your legacy for generations... exactly my initial point long forgotten.

So let's keep playing the blame game. The "unhoused" are to blame for their poor choices and whatever else so forgetaboutit. Let's look the other way while unsavory acts go on with teenagers for years because it doesn't fit the narrative of Camelot plus what about my boat.. Who else can we blame. Those darn Ukrainians if they just did what they were told. How about if Putin fires a nuke at London. Londoners did something wrong or someone did.

Here comes the killer. I followed the suggestion in this thread. Can one thing be better for one person today? I asked a group of "unhoused" people at the PO today what would help them with the heat. What a huge surprise...bottled water. I brought some back from Vista and they were shocked and thankful. BD they will be thirsty tomorrow but they are not thirsty today. I've done far worse at Oxford. If there is a tsunami of "unhoused" people in Laconia the next few weeks lay the blame on me.

All of this made impact with me when I was turning around in the parking lot with a boat on a trailer. I'm thinking about my boat they are thinking about where to sleep. A tale of 2 cities.

PS maybe the motorhome was Chris Isaak.

The first amendment is alive and well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mowtorman For This Useful Post: