View Single Post
Old 07-29-2022, 07:00 PM   #7
marinewife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrymeeting View Post
The lack of help has really been showing this summer. It's crazy. We have family visiting. A group of 6 headed to Wolfeboro last night for dinner. Started at Wolfetrap. Already turning people away for the night at 6:15. Same at Back Bay. Garwoods was closed closed... on a Thursday... in July. (Anyone know why?).

Ended up inside at Marker 21 due to the heavy rainstorms. Food was good and it ended up being an enjoyable evening. The service was good too, though slow, as it is everywhere.

Guess this is "the new normal".
Wolfetrap opens around 4pm for dinner, and since they're not taking reservations anymore for the summer, people come early and put their names down to be seated. Boathouse is a heavy locals favorite and is busy daily, but the earlier the better during the summer season. Nolan's was sold and is under new mgmt, but they have an ad out that they're hiring every position, so I'm sure it'll be leisurely as well. O Bistro's former manager opened her own place, Birch & Vine, in the Pinecone Cafe location in Melvin Village; she's open Wed-Sun, 4-9 pm. I expect August to have less tourists but also less help with kids getting back to college...

Today at Full Belli Deli, the place was jammed for lunch pick-up orders, and they'll be closed tomorrow, on Saturday. The Romney's bought Huck's Hoagies near Harvest Market and I've heard mixed reviews. Bistro 19 is open to the public at the Kingswood Golf Club, but call first on their hours. This week's paper said the biggest area of turnover in jobs
in the country is bartenders and servers...
marinewife is offline   Reply With Quote