View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 01:15 PM   #30
Woodsy

Streaming can be easy... if you do it right!

1. Buy your own equipment. The stuff the cable companies rent to you is down revision crap. I have a Netgear Nighthawk cable modem (DOCSIS 3.1) coupled to Linksys WiFi-6 router. Currently using 400mb/sec speed from ABB. I consistently bang over 300mb/sec on speed tests.

2. Pick a good streaming stick... The tv manufacturers don't really stay on top of updates. Lots of people seem to like the Roku... I prefer the Amazon Firestick for its customization abilities.

3. The only really good streaming options with local channels are YouTube TV (discussed above) and DirecTV Stream. I use DirecTV Stream and there is a package that will get you NESN (although I do not have it). I have been pretty happy so far (2+ years)

4. If you are one of those people who want to disable the trackers, get yourself a good VPN... Nord or ExpressVPN is what I would recommend. Stay away from the "free" ones. Free is not really free and you could be granting shady characters unwanted access.

Woodsy