View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #25
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTimes View Post
From my experience, we've had no issues. Since using LG's YTTV App within WebOS, remote works absolutely no issues (at least to date). I can see what people would complain about the remote giving you a 'mouse arrow' on your TV, but to be clear, you dont' have to use it. We use it for something things which makes it much easier and faster (like scrolling to pick the App we want to launch) and then use arrows for other things like scrolling down through the YTTV guide. I also believe you can use your phone if you'd like to control the TV (guessing similar to Apple TV's ability to use your phone). We have not set it up, but did wish we had one time as we had to try and find the remote our little guy had hidden . None the less - Still havne't downloaded it. Too far down the priority list to get to.

One other side note - Received this email this week about YTTV's contract progress with Disney. This WOULD impact us greatly if they can't get this done, as we watch ABC/WMUR and ESPN quite a bit, but that's just for us personally. Same thing happened with CBS earlier this year and they brought that to a conclusion at the 23rd hour, so no disruption if I remember correctly. Guessing something will be worked out on Friday, but never know...

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...sney-channels/
YTTV would be shooting themselves in the foot if they don't work out the issue. Disney is way too big a part of the lineup, and it would put a big hole in sports programming if it were to go away. It would be a deal breaker for my wife and I.