View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 12:28 PM   #23
Slickcraft

Thanked 2,001 Times in 915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeTimes View Post

That being said, HIGHLY suggest taking a look at the LG OLED line. Expensive? Yes - Certainly more than most TVs, but if you are looking for top-end quality, the ability to steam for hours with no picture or performance issues, extra devices or remotes - this is absolutely the way to go! They use WebOS which works very well and has all the core Apps (HBO, Showtime, Disney, Apple TV, Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV, Youtube, Spotify, even Roku etc. etc. etc.). They did have a contractual issue with HBO up until about 4ish months ago, but that dispute was solved and the App was added. I went with 2 LG OLED's for my house and have had zero issues. When people come over, they are always blown away by the picture quality. At this point, wish I was on LG Payroll as I should be getting a commission on all the TV's I've sold ha!
We have been considering getting a LG OLED. While most reviews are positive, some negative reviews single out the “magic remote”. Looks like a love it or hate it deal with the remote.

We currently use a Chrome-cast with Google TV remote to operate YTTV. Do you have any experience using the LG remote to operate YTTV? Some reviews of the magic remote indicated that functions like pause, forward and rewind were buried in a side menu. Hopefully that is not the case as our use of YTTV is mostly watching recordings.
Slickcraft is offline   Reply With Quote