Thread: Forum Fest 2008
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #30
sa meredith

Default Not sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Gal View Post
Sorry I asked McDude. The last time we spoke you still didn’t have it yet. I was hoping that it would have shown up by now. At least your donation went to a good cause. After revisiting the ForumFest IV thread I could see that Goodsk8s was really angry about not being included in the raffle because his express mail had been returned. Maybe this was his way to make himself feel better? Or maybe he just forgot? Hopefully he will eventually come through for you.
Goodsk8s...
I've read this post a few times and find it rather mild (and this coming from me, who is a fan of the "harsh" post).
Let me say this...my heart goes out to you...my own father, who started our Lakes Region Tradition back in the early 70's, is currently in the throws of his second battle with cancer, so I can relate to the distractions, and the disconnect from everyday life. Little else matters when a family memeber learns their days may be numbered. I wish you and your family the best...
That being said...
I disagree with your attemp to "call out" Rattlesnake Gal, and possibly embarress her (at the very least, make her feel bad). Her posts are always informative/helpful/positive. And she did give you the benifit of the doubt..."maybe he (she) forgot" "Hopefully he (she) will eventually come thru for you" You did!
Her post was based on what she knew..the item had never been delivered.
I'm quite sure, had she known what the case was, she probably would have offered to buy the plaque for you, to save you the time. Just my opinion.

Last edited by sa meredith; 08-11-2008 at 10:17 AM.
sa meredith is offline   Reply With Quote