Thread: Pit Bulls
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #109
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Wow, now I know why you are having problems with your neighbor.

Unbelievable!!
So Rusty what you are saying is that because we have had 3 instances where we or our animals were attacked by 3 different pit bulls owned buy our neighbors we should be understanding of the neighbors and loving of pit bulls.
You are unbelievable!! You just don't get it do you?
My wife had been pinned against the garage, and I was snapped at just after they moved in. Then they loose one to cancer (thank god) which they replace with a puppy that has since grown up attacked our beagle and now killed one of our Jacks. On top of that in other instances with other pit bulls my wife's sister was attacked and recently at a family gathering my sons mutt was attacked by a pit bull puppy and both dogs had to be restrained but yet the pit bull kept coming after his dog for no apparent reason.
Yes we do consider our neighbors to be white trash and always have since they moved in, but that aside they also as was stated in earlier posts if you had taken the time to read them, we have never seen them abuse their dogs and they have 2 young children in the house.
I have enough basis to know that I hate the dogs and will never put myself in a position to have another episode again.
I've always respected what you've posted but in this case it is obvious that you are one of those that have to learn the hard way. Lets hope you are not one of those that has a family member hurt of killed by one of these dogs weather it be a partial pit bull of a purebred pit bull.
I was open minded about the breed, although I would never own one or want to be around one I've always been open minded. Now however I'm opposed to them and if there is any way I can have an impact on putting restrictions on these dogs or their owners I will.