Thread: pandemic
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2021, 12:15 AM   #53
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I find this post disappointing. The fact is that no restaurants are going to truly recover until the virus is brought under control. It's wonderful that your restaurant has been able to survive and that no-one has gotten sick. But that's not the case everywhere, and people are not wary only because of false media information or politics. These days, many people are wary because they know people who have suffered with this disease, or have died, or have had to care for sick people. In my opinion, people just doing "what they feel comfortable with" has led to a prolonged problem.
So you find my post disappointing. That hurts me because it’s not in my nature to ever disappoint. Should you Believe my understanding of this situation is without regard for the safety of others, please allow me the opportunity to elaborate on my position.

My parents are both in their 80s, my mother lives with multiple sclerosis, certainly an underlying condition vulnerable to the virus.. Aware of the dangers associated with my constant exposure to the public has lead me to keep my distance. That’s pretty painful because I believe she needs me now! My father has recently been admitted to the hospital for treatment of colon cancer. My siblings have all kinds of gut wrenching concerns associated with the current virus scenario. I question whether it is our position to decide for my parents their right to hug their grandchildren. My mom is going to die sooner or later, I don’t believe she should be denied the opportunity to hug her grandchildren one more time. She should be allowed the opportunity to decide whether that hug is worth the risk.