Thread: pandemic
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 03:11 PM   #17
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMIAM View Post
From what I've seen, younger people are less concerned than older folks who are more likely to have complications.
But I'm curious as to why, if restaurants are so high risk, no one on our staff has contacted covid after serving customers without masks and handling money for the last year. Not saying people shouldn't be cautious....just thinking that restaurants might have been unfairly targeted.
It's kind of tricky to say that the restrictions were not necessary because nobody came down with covid, when it may have been the restrictions that kept everybody safe.

A couple of potential restrictions that may have kept your team safe: Your restaurant had a small fraction of the regular crowd come in, so there were fewer contagious people in the VK than would have been the case. Your crew is good about masking and hand sanitizing themselves, so these was less chance that a contagious person would have transmitted to them.

On a happier note--I got my first shot today, so looking forward to spending my 2020 VK gift certificates in May. Just trying to decide between the pancakes and the ham and eggs...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlyingScot For This Useful Post: