View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #8
garysanfran

Default Rockledge Cottages was there...

This was a property back in the 50's - 70's, that had tiny little rental cottages on it, a big barn and a farm house where the owner's family lived during the summer. The rest of the year they lived in Tenafly, NJ. It has changed hands a few times and proposals of large scale developments have gone nowhere for some reason unknown to me. One owner was Sam Tamposi, developer and Republican Party activist.

It is a beautiful undeveloped piece of nature. The cottages and farm house are gone. The barn has been restored and the old trail from the farm house to the beach is long overgrown and has disappeared.

These were the days when, up the street, The Golden Horseshoe pizza place was at 88 Cattlle Landing Rd before Mr. Chicola closed it and sold it to a Boston Bruins, I believe manager, who had a gorgeous wife who got it in the divorce and then sold it to a retired Life Magazine photographer from NY named Harrold Krieger, married to author Roberta Russell who sold it upon Harrold's death. The gorgeous mansion was demolished and another gorgeous mansion was built in it's place very recently. I don't know the new owners.

The Golden Horseshoe was a favorite walk for the renters from Rockledge.
garysanfran is offline   Reply With Quote