View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #15
trish66

Default The Golf Shop

My first summer after teaching I spent most of the time at Bald Peak working in the pro shop. Mike Chiapetta was the pro, and Bob Roche was his assistant. I also worked with Francis Quinn and Dick Mueller. There was a former caddy, probably fifteen or sixteen, that worked the driving range. Are any of these people familiar to anyone? I'd love to contact them.
My wife, Patty, then a girlfriend, worked in the dining room at the club. Though we were given rooms to stay in, the three of us spent our time in a camp at Lane's End. Franny didn't dare because he thought Mike would get upset, and actually he did. We started work at seven and partied 'til two or three am each morning.
I wish I could remember the gentleman and his family that ran the caddy camp. He was a great guy and I think, maybe a teacher. The husband and wife were wonderful people, and I ran into the husband a couple of years later.
Like to all of you, it was and is a wonderful period of my life.
I do remember that the caddy truck was in an accident, and I'm not sure but I think someone lost part of his arm. I think the truck rolled over. I think there may have been even worse happenings but don't trust my poor memory. I hope I'm wrong.
Thanks,
Bob Driscoll
trish66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trish66 For This Useful Post: