View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #7
NHDreaming

Default Bald Peak Caddy Camp

Greetings. I am a new member of the forum and this is my first post. I recently saw the entry by Merrymeeting about his experience at Bald Peak Caddy Camp. I too was inceredibly lucky to have the same experience at the camp. I attended BPCC for 3 years, 1968 - 1970. They were among the best summers of my life. I was 13, 14 1nd 15 when I attended. It was an invaluable life experience. I was able to spend 10 weeks of each summer on Lake Winnipesaukee. The combination of working, paying your own way through and enjoying all the activities could not be beat. I too lament the loss of jobs such as caddying but the world has changed. Of couse I had a paper route to get back on when I went home at labor day, speaking of the world changing.
Congratulations to merrymeeting on winning the top caddy awrd in 1970. I was fortunate enough to win 3rd best in 69 and 2nd in 1970 but never garnered the top spot. Mike Chiapetta was the pro when I was there. Franny Quinn was the caddy master my first year and I believe Danny McMillan was the master the next 2 years. He was a caddy in camp my first year in 68.
Thank you for getting me on this forum. I have bviewed it for a while but never signed on. I was lucky enough to spend several more summers on the lake when I was a little older. I was at Northeastern University in Criminal Justice and I was able to get a job with the Meredith Police Department for alternating periods from January of 75 until 79. I still have some great friends in New Hampshire and my family and I just spent 5 days up near the lake in August.
NHDreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NHDreaming For This Useful Post: