View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 11:39 AM   #106
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
If you're going to Monday Morning Quarterback--one of my favorite activities--you need to look at the scoreboard. By following the advice of experts, New York, Mass, and many other places did flatten the curve. So let's not criticize them now by saying there's no science behind the shutdown

Speaking of being a MMQ--I can't resist--in March you were telling us that this is no worse than the flu. It's obvious now that there was nothing behind this other than your hopes and politics.

I hope you are now right that it's safe to open, but I think we'll continue to see the faster openers being the most infected areas
Worldwide, the numbers support a bad flu year or similar to H1N1 virus. In the U.S., the numbers are obviously inflated, since nearly every death since March 1st has been deemed a Chinese coronavirus death. To support this position, please tell me the number of deaths attributable to the regular flu during 2019-2020. You can't. The numbers aren't available. They are being lumped in with Chinese coronavirus deaths. Same with deaths from hospice, nursing homes, retirement facilities, etc.

I am not diminishing the severity of this historically bad flu. However, the numbers support that our response was a complete and utter overreaction, driven by our media and social media.

Of course it is safe to open. If it's safe enough to riot and loot in our major cities, I think it's safe enough to open a restaurant, hair salon, stores, etc.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: