View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 05:25 PM   #18
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
Well for the moment you can just dig a hole in the ground and bury them, but not for long,,,

Lots of information amassing about the dark side of solar. And virtually all honest assessments are citing expected higher disposal costs in the near future, as dead panels are piling up everywhere and we are becoming more aware of the environmental challenges this will create.

You might remember that asbestos was 100% safe and the ultimate insulation material, only to end up costing home owners who got stuck with it tens of thousands of dollars to clean up and dispose of,,,

Its coming, prepare for it or not, your choice, but its coming!
You are making me defend solar here, lol. But I say hogwash. The panels are no more dangerous than disposing of the billions of windows, mirrors and other similar things. You can make that argument for just about every human product if you try. Many of those are bogus claims too.

The real argument against solar is that when you need it the most it's not there, the sun is set or behind the clouds or so low on the horizon the output is negligible. Useful hours of solar power here are 5.33 peak solar hours in the summer, 3.66 peak solar hours in the winter. Full sun days per year average about 90 per year. Average annual sunlight hours are 2,500. The number of hours in a year is about 8,760. So you need other power when the sun is down or not producing enough power, which is 6,260 hours per year, or more than 70% of the time, solar is useless at those times.

There's more, I could go on , but focus there, not on some dumb scare tactic about disposal that is irrelevant.