View Single Post
Old 07-26-2022, 03:32 PM   #13
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
While you're wringing your hands and bellyaching with conspiracy theories, my solar roof is saving me thousands of dollars a year, with virtually no maintenance.

Folks interested in solar should speak with a reputable local installer to get the economics of their own roof
No conspiracy theories, just fact that you can chose to and take the time to educate yourself on, or bury your head in a swim noodle.

And when you are saving those thousands of dollars a year, I hope you are setting aside a reasonable amount for proper disposal costs as the dead panels are now being classified as hazardous materials in many places and there will soon be hefty costs to have them properly recycled. Or maybe you just plan to bury them in your backyard or drop them off in the middle of the lake???

And by all means, when you talk to your reputable solar dealer (who has probably not been in business very long nor will be) please ask them to include in your contract the cost to remove and properly recycle the dead panels at the end of their life. Oh and make sure they have some kind of policy/bond/surety to actually pay for it when they are out of business and long gone and you are stuck with the burden and the bill to deal with the mess!

ATB