View Single Post
Old 02-02-2022, 12:38 PM   #52
LakeTimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tummyman View Post
I have been with YTTV for over a year now. Love it for its overall package. I also missed the Bruins games. We looked at FUBO but the other content was messy. We also looked at Spectrum Streaming that had a decent package but their user guide is impossible to use. Also, since we are in Moultonborough, Spectrum Streaming signs you up for the Portland based channels and weather, etc. etc. based on being in Carroll County which we were able to avoid using YTTV and then selection the Boston option. Tried the 7 day trial and dumped it in 2 days. So we are mostly stuck with no Bruins except the infrequent times they are on ESPN or one of the major channels. We also wrote to NESN and YTTV to get the channel back but got zero help. In the long run, saving almost $1200 / year by dumping Spectrum and Verizon FIOS cable, we were happy to enjoy the $$ savings. One option that may be worth exploring is ....can you just subscribe to Comcast for a few months of the year and then put it on suspension? I could never find a reasonable work around. But we do love YTTV. Run it on two tv's in MA using ROKU and 2 tv's at the lake using wireless. Never at both places at the same time, so no issues at all. Let us all know if you do find something that works for live Bruins.
I'm in the same exact boat. Comast as Residence, YTTV at Lake House - sick of paying for both and hate Comcast. Plan is to show the door to Comcast TV within the next month or so and use YTTV at both places.

Only other option I've been able to find is to use ESPN+. I honestly dont' mind paying for an additional streaming service with it being only $6.99 per month or getting the full package of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu for $13.99 per month which I'm guessing we would use bits and pieces of all three.

My big question is will it give us EVERY Bruins game + Playoffs that aren't shown on one of the following channels (TNT, ESPN or NHL Network). We've got TNT and ESPN with YTTV, so will get those anyways, just don't want it to be spotty if I'm paying for the added service.

Wasn't sure if anyone else has ESPN+ and can validate that they can watch every Bruins game on there or not.

Overall, paying for the service - $6.99 or $13.99 - is FAR cheaper than paying for Comcast's TV portion of my bill which added well over $100 when you add in each of the cable boxes as well.

Link to one of the many sites calling out options: https://www.groundedreason.com/how-t...-bruins-games/
LakeTimes is offline   Reply With Quote