View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 01:06 AM   #27
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcraft View Post
We have been considering getting a LG OLED. While most reviews are positive, some negative reviews single out the “magic remote”. Looks like a love it or hate it deal with the remote.

We currently use a Chrome-cast with Google TV remote to operate YTTV. Do you have any experience using the LG remote to operate YTTV? Some reviews of the magic remote indicated that functions like pause, forward and rewind were buried in a side menu. Hopefully that is not the case as our use of YTTV is mostly watching recordings.
I have a 65” LG OLED. Last year it supported 3D and curved.
It’s been flawless. It’s a shame they dropped the 3D, it works extremely well.
Picture is jaw dropping.

I toss every remote that comes with a device in the junk drawer.

Been using Logitech Harmony remotes for years.
It even handles Bluetooth remotes like Apple TV.

Best thing since sliced bread.
I have a fairly complex setup and even my wife can use it

https://www.logitech.com/en-us/produ...15-000256.html

They make one at every price point. They work by function, not by device. No learning either. You just setup something like. Watch Netflix. Turns on TV, selects input, Turns on Receiver, selects its input, Dims the lights (it talks to my SmartThings home automation) and ready to go. It doesn’t make popcorn yet though, damn it.

Saves a lot trouble with remote control challenged folks in the house hold. I won’t mention the sex or age of those challenged with such things They just want it to work.
mswlogo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: