View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 10:13 AM   #10
Tired of Waiting

Default Welcome to the world of frustration

Well,

I have EZ-pass here in Mass. I have one that allows me to travel between exits 1-6 free. There is no toll on the Mass pike between these exits so they issue a free pass if you want one.

HOWEVER the system doesn’t always work the way it should. In the past I have gotten well over a dozen tickets in the mail for toll violations!! The first is a free $0 (warning) ticket the rest cost $50 each “IF” you loose the appeal. Although I haven’t lost an appeal it is a PITA every time you get one. Calling the authorities or mailing in the appeal form.

Down here they don’t know how to link computer systems together so when the transponder/receiver malfunctions they take a picture of your plate. They run the plate and send out the ticket. They can’t seem to check the plate number against the EZ-pass user database and cancel the ticket if the violation is within the exit range, i.e. exits 1-6.

I had to have the transponder replaced this past December after a series of tickets. They tested the unit and it tested good, but only replaced it after I demanded a new one. The tickets stopped until yesterday. As I got off exit 6 I got a “Call Fast Lane” yellow light. I called and they had issued another ticket. So now I have to wait for the ticket and call them back to have it voided.

So, Welcome to the world of frustration.

ToW