Thread: Skimobiling
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:42 PM   #19
hilltopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hubbard Rd View Post
The mistake we made was taking the trails from the Plymouth State field house toward Squam and Meredith. The trails to Squam was good. The trails from Squam to Meredith was one of my worse experiences I ever had riding. I will never go that way again. Some club needs to work on those trails. We were really looking forward to heading from Squam to Meredith to have lunch at "The Mug". Never got there!! This trail from Squam to Meredith has never been maintained well although this time was a real joke. The Sno-Streaker in Meredith were out yesterday (Sat 1/5/08) putting up bridge covering and had the groomer out. The trails were good when the groomer was by. I really curious what trails SnoStreaker will groom. I sent several emails to the web master of their site and have received no answers. I wish their website had more contact info and up to date info. A Blog like Winnipesaukee.com would be awesome. Sooo Get out there and sled!! Stay off the lakes. In my opinion they re not frozen enough. There's plenty of good riding headed up the tracks in Meredith to Bridgewater and Plymouth/Rumney. Enjoy!!
This is disappointing to hear. Could it be possible that that trail cannot really be groomed at the moment due to the swampy areas behind the Mug? Nothing like burying a groomer 4 feet deep in a swamp...
hilltopper is offline   Reply With Quote