Thread: Fee for Kayaks
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 10:06 AM   #67
gnemiccolo

Default Welcome to NH, now go home

Just a story to pass along, I remember some years back when they raised the Fee in on Non powered boats over a certain length , (I don’t remember the length). A nice couple from Conn. Rented the cottage next to mine for along time. He loved his little Sail boat. It was small the type you sit on not in. he pushed it to the water with a one wheeled contraption. Well this particular year it rained all week and he couldn’t sail. Saturday morning the skies cleared. (the day he was leaving) I wished him a good sail as he went to the water. I little while later a dejected sailor returns, I asked him how it went. He said he had got a Ticket from the marine patrol . I asked for what. It seems his sail boat was now 6 inches to long. And needed to be registered. His ticket was a outrageous amount. I don’t recall how much.
But it seems to me as NH we love to raise our money on tourism. It would have been an opportunity to make friends instead of driving people away. People don’t have to Vacation here in NH they can go other places. But we are a changing place .we are becoming the place that people are trying to get away from.
gnemiccolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gnemiccolo For This Useful Post: