View Single Post
Old 02-04-2023, 09:53 AM   #125
joec

I stayed up and monitored my Mitsubishi hyper heat heat pumps until 2AM last night and they performed well above my expectations. The specs on the heat pumps say the minimum temperature to make heat is -13. At 1:30AM, it was -17. The thermostat was set at 73 and maintained at 72 most of the day and dropped to 71, then 70 at 1:30 and stayed there. The house was 70 at 7AM this morning when it was -16.

The heat pump was a one to one 18,000 BTU unit that heated the entire downstairs, stairwell hall, upstairs hall and bath, about 850 square feet.

I have a second 3 head unit for each bedroom and heated only one bedroom last night with that and it did the job.

I have a propane stove in the living room as back up ready to go but it wasn't needed.

I had the dogs out at 1AM and those outside units were really working hard. The efficiency of the heat pumps were probably poor compared to oil or natural gas. The only other thing I noticed was the defrost cycles took a lot longer and it took longer for the heat to ramp back up. That was a little scary when the temperature got down below -14, but the heat pumps passed the test.
joec is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joec For This Useful Post: