View Single Post
Old 10-25-2022, 11:03 AM   #15
tummyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
when I went to see the company doing the assessment in Moultonborough, she didn't acknowledge the few houses sold ( It is what it is) . I also ask why towns such as Meredith don't reevaluate every year. Her answer was the town wanted to assess every year to reflect the continued rise in waterfront houses. i.e. continue to put more of the burden on houses that don't vote
Not only will they not acknowledge the small sample size of houses sold, they also do not acknowledge that the new assessments in many cases do not equate with the actual sales values despite having this data for comparison.

In Moultonborough, a big decision is pending for the Board of Selectmen. After Town Meeting approved a "liberal" budget for the 18 month budget fiscal year conversion last year, the discussion was that any excess funds at year end would be returned to taxpayers. Well, the town had a surplus of $1.9 Million dollars and the Board of Selectmen should live up to returning every dollar of this excess to the taxpayers in the upcoming December Tax Bill. But will they...???? Every penny is taxpayer money and due back to everyone.
tummyman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tummyman For This Useful Post: