View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 12:33 PM   #27
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
First of all, the only important seasons are summer and winter. Summer begins when I return to NH and Winter is defined by my returning to Florida.

In Miami, where I have lived for most of my life, there are 2 seasons: Rainy Season and Dry Season. Both NH and FL have Tourist Season, which the “real” residents hate. In both places.

As far as John and FLL, I always read what they post. And sometimes I understand them. But I always appreciate them.

As far as ANT, what else did I have to do but find 95 acronyms none of which fit. As far as Aesop and the Grasshopper, there are apparently deep philosophic differences in the interpretation of this, none of which I understand.

And if you are one of the very few who have read this far; I’m sorry. My family doesn't think I’m funny either. And they are stuck with me.
The ANT saw spring and released that the warm whether was a time to begin prepping for the coming winter. The ANT thought long term... so spring, not summer, was the time to move quickly.
The GRASSHOPPER saw the warmth a time to play... for the GRASSHOPPER the seasons were defined as play and starving. The GRASSHOPPER had no need for spring, and never concerned themselves with the future - winter.

So for the ANT, collecting sap... starting seedlings... etc, is what this season is for. Summer will just be too late.

It is sort of like island property owners... they are on ISLAND TIME. Mainland property owners don't always understand that.

So when someone is focused on conserving money... which I see FLL as... they are more ANT than GRASSHOPPER. The coming of spring becomes the big event.

By summer, I will move from working part-time 50 hrs per week into full-time mode, so everything for spring will need to be completed to free up that time.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: