View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 11:48 PM   #8
Greene's Basin Girl

We went to Sandy Point on Mother's Day. There was good and bad. The chicken fingers and scallops were quite good. We also ordered a large portion of whole belly clams. It turned out to be a very small portion and the clams looked like the clam strips my husband was eating. We spoke to the server. She assured us that they were whole belly clams and that the owners were getting use to serving the food at Sandy Point as opposed to the the diner they owned before. I don't know what that had to do with anything. I have been to plenty of diners that served great clams. She did not offer us anything else. We also mentioned it to the hostess on the way out and all she said was " Did you mention this to your server?" I assured her that we had

We drove all the way from Moultonborough. We will not go back. As most of you know there are many other great places for clams in Alton Bay. We will go to Pop's or Shibley's. We go there by boat often and have clams. Today was too chilly for a boat ride to Alton Bay from Greens Basin.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote