View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:41 AM   #79
hazelnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear Islander View Post
I didn't start the boat/spaceship comparison. And the White Knight Two was never part of the question. It's not a spaceship. Divide by 8 or 6 as you wish. The point is the fuel consumption is incredibly low for getting a person into space. And very low compared with other kinds of recreational activities (like yours).

Most of the fuel expended in this junket will be in the commercial jet flying my family and I to and from the spaceport in California.
So anyway you slice it Bear Islander, before you start claiming pollution is one of your main concerns with regard to enacting a speed limit you might want to take a hard look in the mirror and assess how much your activities pollute the environment. Jetting off to these expeditions and jetting off into space and all this traveling you seem to do introduces a heck of a lot pollution into the environment. I'm not suggesting you curtail any of these activities just don't go around pointing the finger at everyone else before you point it at yourself.