View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #32
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Fresh seafood

If one wants fresh seafood, you will get it yourself. My Dad had a seafood business back in the 60's. He would leave at 5 AM in the morning and head to Boston to the fish market to buy the seafood he needs for the day. Often he would run out of one item during the day. I guess the 5am to 10pm everyday taken its toll, and when he switch to a commercial delivery from Boston, quality went down and so did his business. Seems like the delivery trucks are not cold enough and often time, instead of throwing away yesterday's stock, they will label them as fresh and deliver the next day.

If the cole slaw is running into the rest of the food, obviously the cole slaw was prepared earlier. I hate commercial cole slaw as they run everywhere and they are loaded with sugar. Pop's should know better!

Am I a Pop's fan? I do go to Pop's once in a blue moon. I don't usually carry cash around and as far as I know, there is no ATM in the immediate area. Pop's do have an ATM, and the two times I tried to use it was empty!