View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 08:53 AM   #58
John Mercier

I don't know that it is really all big money moving to the area.
I think what is happening is they are in the process of selling homes elsewhere and relocating to our area and even further north of us.
They are building new because of the lack of supply, so spring time is a huge surge as compared to what I was used to with this additional demand.

I think it was always going to happen, but at a much slower pace. COVID meant that many could not ''vacation'' outside of New England, and I think that may have heightened the response. The first spring of COVID was a surge in demand that shocked me. I think it shocked almost everyone. But I think it may have placed the three northern New England states firmly in the mind of those transitioning to retirement... more quickly than normally would have.

Summer seems to ''idle'' a bit, basically due to weather and vacationers being here. But the industry keeps steady locally with all the island homes that need to get things done within a restricted time period.

But autumn will most likely be ''mainland'' DIYers that put off projects during the spring and wet summer. I fall into that category.

So I don't think we should be surprised to see some rather heavy build out anywhere close to either of the two bigger lakes. Whether they are higher priced private homes, or associations that may be able to share some costs and add some features.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: