View Single Post
Old 03-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #11
ApS

Question Who—Exactly—Were They?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfeboro_Baja View Post
IMO, ALL lobbyists should be BANNED from ALL levels of government. Of course, we know the lobbyists and the folks they represent would just find another way to buy the influence of the politicians. But for now, I guess all's fair in love, war and politics!
1) In our highest level of Government, most Legislators are attorneys. While they may may know their way extremely well around insurance "compensations", they may know nothing about, say, health care. Lobbyists, such as AARP, can "enlighten" the Legislators.

Quote:
AARP operates as a non-profit advocate for its members and as one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the United States, and it also sells insurance. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP
2) I receive an occasional mailing from WinnFABS. They refer only to "our lobbyist"—in the singular. (Not lobbyists—plural.)

(A fact).

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaBene View Post
I don't know how they are paid, but I assume hourly. There were 3 lobbyists at the SB27 hearing and none were SBONH's.
Beginning without any "assumptions", what is your exact meaning?

I read from their literature, that WinnFABS has just one paid lobbyist.

Were any of those lobbyists that your observed—unpaid lobbyists speaking in favor of "Enhanced Speed Limits"?