View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:35 PM   #65
camp guy

Default Cyanobacteria problem

This thread could go on forever, and never solve the problem. Everybody has their idea of a problem, but no one seems to have identified THE problem. I am not a water-issues scientist, nor any other academically-trained professional schooled in this subject, but, as someone who has lived most of his life on the shores of Winnipesaukee, I feel safe in saying that any and all solutions must be explored in hopes of finding a cure, because, if not, the consequences will be terminal to the region. Simply put, if the Lake "goes", so "goes" all the , tourist-oriented businesses, and the entire Lakes Region economy.

If mandated septic system testing is a part of the answer - DO IT, if regulations of fertilizers and other landscape procedures within a certain distance of the Lake is part of the answer - DO IT, if boating control in certain fragile shoreline areas is part of the answer - DO IT. This problem will not go away on its own, it needs to be confronted and managed.

Now, before anyone gets too upset with me, I freely admit I do not have any answers - but, I do know doing nothing is not even part of the answer.
camp guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to camp guy For This Useful Post: