View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #10
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjard View Post
I know that it's frustrating when we see knuckleheads out there. But complaining on this forum is useless. Lots of folks don't understand or even know about the 150' rule...lots don't understand the spar bouys or markers...many simply don't know how to navigate. However, in the end I think very few have any ill intentions. Hopefully those that need some education will get it and be better boaters, but guess what? There will be a new generation of knuckleheads right behind them. This forum is great for sharing best practices, questions about odd placed spar bouys, odd unmarked areas, etc....but complaining about the idiots is fruitless. Overall this is the best boating lake in New England and maybe beyond. It could be a whole lot worse.
Nothing wrong with a little venting,,,

I agree that most of the folks on the lake dont have ill intentions, in my opinion I think the few that cause problems are mostly just inexperienced and dont have a clue. Oh sure there are some who are overly aggressive and the ocassional person who doesnt gave a damn about anyone else and is totally self-absorbed, but most are not looking for a problem. When I see someone not exactly 150' away or not giving way when I think they should, I dont usually get too excited, I just do my best to avoid a problem and let them go their merry way,,,

Life is way too short to get worked up about every issue. Save the real anger and frustration for the big issues, and if a little venting here helps then have at it I say.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: