View Single Post
Old 09-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #41
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RailroadJoe View Post
Aquadezoiac
So, residents only parking and general public launch/load as long as the vehicle/trailer leaves? And what about Handicapped parking? According to the State RSA a Handicap placard trumps Town restrictions and/or parking meters. And I would imagine the ADA would feel the same way.

I believe that handicapped plates require you to obey any restrictions on the parking. If it say 2 hours only, you have to follow that rule. Not sure how it would work for the Glendale area. A few years ago they piled all the snow in the handaicap places and I had the Gov Council on Dis order them to remove it.
Yeah, the handicapped parking area was a big thorn back in the days. I don't know about now. I had my parent park their car there because they have difficulty walking and they display their handicap placard. Then Officer Bob had the car towed because they did not display a guest pass or town sticker. They are residence of the town and they did not display the residence sticker because the car was a loaner from the shop. You can't imagine the flack we got from Officer Bob and I had to call my buddy Lt Schillinger to take care of it!
Basically under ADA of 1990 ALL handicapped parking must be available regardless of town or state rules governing the parking lots.