View Single Post
Old 12-06-2022, 07:26 PM   #27
NH.Solar

I was the NE rep for Briggs and Stratton in 1998 and part of my resposnisibility was for GenerCrap as it was a company in the Briggs umberella. 90% of the warranty issues I dealt with in whole were associated with GenerCrap! I know that it is now a wholly diiferent company and no longer associated with the evil B&S corporation, and now has incorporated the brilliant Portland Pika Solar startup company into it, but I still don''t trust GenerCrap. Everything is rosy until it goes bad, and then the last company you want to call on is GenerCrap. They will leave you hanging!
If you are looking to add a generator backup to your house call a LOCAL installer with a history and let then advise you. My first recommendation for wholehouse generators would be Dan Rowan in Sandwich. He is a first rate gold level Kohler generator but by choice keeps a very low level profile. I've worked with him on a couple of off-grid solar installations and if I didn;t already a have a solar array/battery backup system in place it would be Dan that I would call first!
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post: