View Single Post
Old 08-03-2023, 03:01 PM   #27
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
I'm sure the supply chain impacts are too complex on both the petrol and electric side of the fence for anyone to truly calculate. Tons of plusses and minuses for both. But don't we all agree that we must eventually move past fossil fuels to electric...or some other solution? Electric technology will incrementally improve over time and then one day, probably sooner than you think, it'll be clear that electric is the better alternative.
As has been discussed here above, for some reason the subject has become a political football. If you peel away the politics, and I want to say I think everyone on this thread has been great about giving opinions and facts and points of view without making it political, it really isn't all that complex a problem, can be understood with some facts and research. What you say is what I believe, that even given the problem of lithium mining, but also given that I believe solutions to that will be coming on line, that making a significant amount of fossil fuel use go away with electric cars is one of the largest impacts on emissions and climate change that is available to us.