View Single Post
Old 07-20-2020, 03:49 PM   #7
Cal Coon

I have bought and sold many different items on Craigslist over the last 20yrs and never had a problem. To save time for everyone, I just tell anyone interested in coming to see my item for sale (over the phone) that I am FIRM on the price. If they are still willing to come check it out after you tell them that, you know they are serious, they will come with the cash, there is no bartering, and everyone is happy. Usually the only low ball offer's you get are over the phone, usually a text, or they will send you an e-mail. Nobody likes talking to you when they are trying to "beat you up" on the price. Those are people that are just "fishing" for a deal, and I have not got to many of them on CL over the years. The only "scam" I see on CL is the e-mail you get from someone telling you that they are fine with your price, and will send a shipper to come pick up your item because they are in the Army, Merchant Marines, etc,etc, and can't do it themselves, then they ask you for personal info to steal your identity. It's hard for me to believe that anyone still falls for that stuff, but they are out there. I just text them back saying that I am sending their number to the police. Most people are to lazy these days to actually take the time to come check something out, and then try to low ball you in person. That can never happen if you tell them up front you are FIRM on the price. I agree that selling it through a marina is easier, but will any marina broker a boat they are not familiar with? If so, then I would probably broker it as long as the dealer thinks he can get you what you want for it. Good luck.
Cal Coon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cal Coon For This Useful Post: