View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 06:43 AM   #54
ApS

Unhappy When "Safety" Becomes a Liability for Don...What Then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
"...Humbly submitted...MAXUM..."
There is nothing to be humble about: Mink Islander, MAXUM and Skip are exactly right.

Ironically, I find the answer to both of your entreaties posted by OCDATIVE:

Quote:
"...SBONH. Please lets keep the organizations out of this topic. http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/...8&postcount=17
One appropriate answer can be found in the signature of Rattlesnake Gal, who writes:

Quote:
"Proud member of Winni.Com"

Has the President of WinnFABS ever appeared here to "politicize" Don's pages?

----------------------

But further, the very mention of:

1) "organization" (SBONH, Winnilakers, WinnFABS, NHRBA)

2) "President" (any President—Blizzard, OCDACTIVE, Bush, Obama)

3) "safety inspections"

4) "Proud member of SBONH..."

5) "www.sb0nh.com" / www.w|nnfabs.com and,

6) "have you had your vessel inspected yet"

...are each a "stick-in-the-eye" to those of us who want to be left alone to boat peaceably on Lake Winnipesaukee.

Every mention of SBONH implies that we quiet boaters are members of an "Unsafe" boating organization, whose slogan is, "Ignorance Forever!".

It's a fact that because we peaceable boaters have vessels which don't necessarily benefit from inspections, we do not instantly become unsafe boaters—by anyone's reasonable definition.

We are not to discuss "Politics" at this forum, yet that's what all this talk about "Safety" IS!

To forum members who don't have me on "Ignore", I would appreciate all others to delete signatures with the above political overtones that are not permitted here anyway—and to at least adopt some of the philosophy found in my signature—below: