View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:27 AM   #25
brk-lnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by pm203 View Post
Now that is a positive statement.
But is it *untrue*? I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of any recent activity by Winnfabs in regards to increasing boating safety. The organization claims to be about "boating safety" (it's even part of their name), but all I've ever heard or seen from Winnfabs has been about a single issue. And now that that issue has passed, I personally haven't seen or heard anything new from them. There is no new updates on their website, there is no talk of "what's next".

I think that one problem many people, myself included, had against Winnfabs is that while they were claiming to be a "safety" group they really only had a single agenda item. So, I think that is a cheap and disingenuous approach, but I guess you could say they managed to make it work for them.

It would be hard to accuse SBONH of having some hidden agenda, or of misrepresenting themselves. I haven't heard of anyone attending one of their safety inspections and being told "Well, sir, the only way for your family to be safe on the lake is to get a performance boat with a loud exhaust".