View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 12:13 PM   #16
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
If you have a level, I'd check that horizontal stove pipe. If the bubble doesn't head toward the brick wall, that's part of the problem.
I checked this this morning with a level. The pitch appears correct. Thanks for that reminder, Poor Richard.

I just want to remind folks that there's no surprise in this situation if you've read my past posts. I know y'all are aghast, but there are an awful lot of senior citizens living alone who can't afford to get "good" home maintenance, so we make do with what we have and who we can afford. I know I appear inept, but you would be surprised at how much I DO do on my property, for a woman of my age. I make well-reasoned decisions after gathering a lot of information. Also, we are in a period of economic distress that must be impacting millions of home owners. So again, it's not surprising that people turn to less-than-ideal home maintenance solutions. I don't neglect situations that pose a risk to the house. In the present case, there is no danger of fire, no flames shooting out of the flue pipe (that happened once on the furnace, though), so calmez-vous, s'il vous plaît. As always, I greatly appreciate all the good information I've gotten from the wise and skilled people here.
The Following User Says Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: