Thread: Forum names
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2022, 08:03 PM   #155
ApS

Smile Like Red Squirrels, Chipmunks Have Territories...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tis View Post
Told ya, you were missed APS. Is that chipmunk still around?
It's hard to say. The avatar picture is about eight years old, which is the lifespan of a domesticated (and caged) chipmunk. In the "wilds" of Wolfeboro, I'd guess their lifespans are half of that.

I take an inventory upon my first arrival at the lake by whistling into the woods. At least one "trained" chipmunk will respond by sprinting around woodpiles, fallen branches, racing along walkways and bounding up the stairs. All of that energy expended for a few sunflower seeds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
My recollection is that your tag is short for " Acres per second", which was the complaint you were making about the speed of Winni boats, it must have disrupted your "chipmunk whispering"
I was pleased that my original phrase--Acres per Second--was invoked by a supporter at an official State hearing. "Speed" is mostly behind us.

And yes, I remember your participation in long-forgotten Wolfeboro forums. Your discussions were primarily directed in discussing local foodspots--mine about things and the "Science of People".

As to "tone" it may be due to arriving at Lake Winnipesaukee--from Sebago Lake's "Doctor's Island"--during WWII. Our Winter Harbor cottage was built in 1956. You could've called it "Paradise" or "Heaven".

From as recently as 1975, a slalom water-ski course was set up inside Johnson's Cove. The effects of ever-growing turbulence on water quality and erosion is easily displayed in photos taken of our lakefront. Or, at one time, our concrete mooring was visible from the surface--but no longer.

I'm unable to say, "Get off my lawn".
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote