Thread: What An Idiot!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #99
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
ITD...

Had the Formula passed to port the point would be moot. Had Laser looked and seen the Formula the point would be moot. Had Laser not turned the point would be moot.

How much distance is required? The law says 150'...

Don't get me wrong I am a big fan of as much room as possible. But I still fail to see how the Formula acted improperly. There was enough (just enough) for the Formula to maneuver and avoid Laser. The math I did pointed to a separation distance right around 150'. It could have been greater or less. Either way it was definitely close. BUT without the Formula's side of the story and the numbers being what they are (From Laser) I have a hard time saying the guy in Formula did anything wrong when we have Laser admitting to violating 2 laws....

Woodsy
Two laws??? I don't think so, but it doesn't matter and we are not going to agree on these points, as I said, I'll be watching for those who think that the Formula guy had no fault in this. You have also ignored the fact the laserp said he was 150 feet from a mooring field and the Formula was going to pass between Laserp and the field, that is definitely not legal and breaks the 150 foot law twice....

So I don't agree with laserp making fun of formula owners' junk, and I think laserp probably was as irate as the formula guy in their confrontation after the near miss, but I get the feeling you are defending this guy because of the boat he drives.....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ITD For This Useful Post: