Thread: Irwin Toyota
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 11:00 AM   #18
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

DoTheMath: If they advertised a price on their website and would not sell it for that price I would make a complaint to the Attorney Generals office.

Broadhopper: I have found that prices are not "competitive" between all dealers.

Two examples: I spoke to Cantin's about ordering a new car in 2020. The wait was about 18 months. They would not sell it for MSRP and insisted they needed the usual BS additions: Nitrogen, fabric protector, finish protector (probably Lemon Pledge) wheel locks Etc. I went to MacMulkin Chevrolet in Nashua and ordered the same car for MSRP with no dealer fee.

Several years ago I wanted a new Tahoe. I started at Cantin and shopped around to 3 or 4 dealers. I ended up buying it at a dealer in Danvers MA for 2% into the holdback. It was about $5,000 less than Cantin wanted for the same car.

I go into it with the attitude that it is a game to most dealers to see how much of your money they can take. OK, I'll play!

Shopping between dealers can save a lot of money. They all make money servicing and I haven't found the treatment any different whether I bought the car there or not.
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote