View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #321
sunset on the dock

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtagrip View Post
it's funny how in many of El's posts that he claims the majority of the boats on the lake or the boater's on this forum are GFBL owners. I think this is his way of pulling over the wool of the legislatures eyes in his many posts to which he is pandering to. One would hope that they are smarter than that!

As we all know, this is how legislature(for which most probably do not or may not have ever boated on the lake)were dooped into this SL law in the first place.

Is the legislature going to take a "field trip" to the lake to see exactly what type of boats make up the majority of boating on the lake? Probably not. So the propaganda is going to continue.
I think you're being a bit sensational here. State legislators weren't dooped(sic) into anything. A lot of people for a long time could see the trend over the last 20 years where the lake was becoming more and more out of control on many levels. Many of the people in the lake's region had been trying to improve the situation for a long time and gave Winnfabs their support, wrote their legislators, went to hearings, and sent letters to the editor. All any legislator has to do is be alive to know about Winnipesaukee's reputation. People from all over comment all the time on the lake's cowboy reputation. People on other lakes in other states have acted accordingly for a better lake experience and fortunately their legislators listened too. I can't imagine that people made such a fuss about loss of liberty, wool being pulled over legislator's eyes, etc. when speed limits on roads were enacted.