Thread: Vaccinations
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2021, 09:02 AM   #91
bobkatfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbiesaukee View Post
I registered this am and just got my VAMS. It freaked me a little as it was from. CDC, not NH; but I filled it out and got my appointment.

OTOH, when I registered this am it said I could also register my wife, but no way to do this on VAMS so she will have to do it separately. Bummer.
I registered yesterday with my wife at the same time like you did. Today I got my appointment registration from vams.cdc.gov. it was in my name only. Again, like you. I also received an e-mail from nh.gov with good directions for filling out the registration with vams. The directions clearly indicate that if you originally registered with another family member at the same time then no other appointment is needed. Just show up with the other member and you'll be all set. You must bring the scan code that they send you for identification. Here's what I received from nh.gov. See number 3.

Thank you for completing the first step and registering to receive your COVID-19 vaccine. In the coming days, you will receive another email containing a link to schedule your vaccination appointment using the federal Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS).

The next step using CDC’s scheduling system can be a bit confusing, so the following helpful tips are designed to help you prepare and simplify the process when it comes time for you to schedule your appointment:

1. Please do not use Internet Explorer – instead use Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari only.

2. The VAMS email will contain a link to schedule your appointment. Upon clicking that link, you will be asked. “Have you already registered as a vaccine recipient with VAMS?”. Please be sure to answer “no”.

3. If you registered a qualifying household member along with yourself (ie. spouse) to receive the vaccine at the same time, additional information will not be asked for or required when you schedule your appointment. Just arrive with your qualifying family member.

Also,
• The “Date of Birth” field can only be entered in the MMM DD, YYYY format, for example: Jan 01, 1950.
• When selecting “Race”, you must move at least one of the options from the left box to the right box.
• You DO NOT need to enter any insurance information. This is an optional field and you can simply click the next button to move to the Organization section.
• When asked about “organization”, you can leave the Role/Position field empty.
• When scheduling your vaccination appointment, enter your zip code, select a radius option and click the “search” button to find the closest vaccination location.
• When it comes time to pick a location, only select a “State of NH” site. DO NOT select a clinic or closed POD unless you were specifically instructed to do so.
• Once your appointment is scheduled, you will see a confirmation page AND receive a confirmation email. Be sure to complete the pre-vaccination questionnaire before coming to the vaccination site, this will help to speed up your appointment and reduce delays.

Again, please expect to receive another email directly from the federal CDC VAMS system containing a link to schedule your appointment.

Amherst till the big 66 comes (made it!)
Winter Harbor/Mirror Lake till the big guy comes