View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 04:51 AM   #8
lawn psycho

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR-700 View Post
I too am not a resident and in reality do not raft very often, but would gladly support ANY effort to repeal any NRZ's.

If rafting is a problem because too many people are acting poorly in a group, then address the problem for what it is, not just because you don't like seeing half dozen boats tied up together.

I have been harrassed by the MP for being too close to other boats because of the NRZ rules when I was there before the other boats and was not even in their raft, just too close,,,

This restrict/ban everything madness has to stop somewhere!

I have said it before and will continue to say that this is not the same Winnipesaukee I grew up going to and its NOT an improvement!
The part that gets me fired up the most in the no-rafting zone is that it not only prevents boats from tying up (more than two) but it RESTRICTS boats entirely within 150 ft from shore. Distance from shore and boats tied together are mutually exclusive items but that part of the boating rules is the sinister reason people apply for the NRZs.

The West Alton sandbar is basically half consumed by the 150 ft marker and it makes absolutely no sense.

I also question the subjective standards used to allow some of these NRZs. The bar should be very, very high to get a NRZ granted and not based on red herring statements from petition signers.
The Following User Says Thank You to lawn psycho For This Useful Post: