Thread: How's Business?
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #1
vmartino26

Default How's Business?

Just wondering. Been up to the lake every weekend in June and July, and the area seems pretty busy. The Weirs has had plenty of activity the past few weekends. At one point traffic was backed up getting to the beach area for a while -- remined me of the old days. Meredith seemed to have a pretty good crowd for its boat show. Gunstock seemed to have a good crowd for its ribfest. Just wondering if business is improved over last year. Certainly the weather has been better. If I remember correctly, the Mt. Washington was crusing sometimes only once a day last year, but seems to be on a two times a day schedule this year. Even the Weirs waterslide has been busy. The past couple of years, it was rare to see a no vacancy sign hanging in any motel/hotel window, but this past weekend many no vacancy signs were out. We drove several times from Laconia to the Plymouth area, and most of the motels seemed to have no vacancies. Hope all the businesses are doing well. After the past couple of disasterous weather years, the boardwalk washout at the Weirs, et cetera, I hope all the local businesses are doing well.
vmartino26 is offline   Reply With Quote