View Single Post
Old 02-05-2024, 08:01 PM   #2
Biggd

Thanked 1,073 Times in 678 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winilyme View Post
Back in September, I posted questions about appliances - and where to buy. Based on the advice provided here, we had a good experience shopping and purchasing at Baron's. No problems experienced with the Bosch fridge, GE range and Bosch dishwasher. At least so far as we only operated them for a month before closing up for the winter.

I'm now researching big screen televisions - looking at a Samsung OLED as we'll be viewing in a bright room with a wide range of viewing angles. I'm interested in (1) your experiences with different brands/types of big screen TVs, (2) soundbars you've coupled with your TV and (3) where you recommend purchasing from (or any other advice you have). I'm particularly concerned with the mounting as we'll be contending with a natural stone chimney (by no means a perfectly flat surface) and I'll want the mount to have a decent amount of downward travel to get the TV closer to eye level when in use and above the firebox when not in use. We'd also like to minimize the distance it protrudes from the wall when not in use. Note - we almost never use the fireplace & we don't have a mantle. I'm not sure I want to tackle the mounting job so wondering if there are any local Baron's-like shops that might provide a higher level of mounting service than I might otherwise secure from the usual suspects like Best Buy.

We're in Meredith. Thanks.
I bought a new 55" Samsung and a 50" LG just in the past year. I like the LG better than the Samsung. Better picture and easier streaming service. My children bought me a sound bar which I added to the Samsung. The only difference I see from the regular TV sound is the sound from the base which amplifies explosions in movies. I guess if you want that movie theater experience then it's worth it, but I wouldn't have bought it myself, JMO.
I bought my TV's from Costco when they were on sale but obviously there are no Costco's near Meredith.
I've always been a proponent of NOT buying the latest and most expensive TV because they are obsolete pretty quickly.

Last edited by Biggd; 02-06-2024 at 07:55 AM.
Biggd is offline   Reply With Quote