View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 03:17 PM   #74
Susie Cougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
From personal experience, mental health professionals are reluctant to aggressively treat young people. Teenagers are going through a normally turbulent emotional period and counselors are cautious about making a diagnosis and using strong medications. From news stories, it seems like there had been a escalation in his behavior in the past year. Given my experience, I would not be surprised if they "slow walked" a diagnosis and treatment. For many young patients that's probably the right approach. For an unpredictable few, it can be a disaster.

Beyond that, we don't know how actively the family was pursuing treatment. Such behavior can be a shock and it can take some time to come to grips with it.
As I was reading his obituary, he was just a kid doing what kids like to do. He loved to go out in his boat, he love to play hockey and he was a huge Star Wars fan.

It mentioned briefly that two years ago his health had changed. I don’t know if that meant mental health or physical health. It went on to say that he was loved by everyone including many doctors, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
Susie Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote