View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 05:21 AM   #81
Belmont Resident

Default Chocolate Gypsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateGypsy View Post
I didn't mean to start a debate on the Florida situation, but the situation with Fleming could have gone down the same way. If Fleming hadn't fired his gun, I'm sure the burglar would have brought charges against Fleming for something. Or maybe he should have just gone up and slugged Fleming? According to the media that's the thing to do when someone is pointing a gun at you -- hit them. (I'll try that the next time I'm mugged.)

As they say, the laws are written to protect the criminals -- and the criminals know the laws. Unfortunately, law-abiding citizens have no rights to defend themselves and no support until they are in a coma in the hospital and have become a statistic.
I could be wrong but I believe the law was passed to give us more ways to protect ourselves when we are on our own property.
Most of us do not walk around with a gun shoved into our belt, legal or not.
Legal or not can you imagine the outcome of a road rage incident that had both drivers carrying hand guns? I do not believe the law should allow for use of guns in public even for self defense.
I am glad the guy up here was set free and no charges pressed.
The case in Florida has so many things wrong with it and who do you believe? First he did this then he did that. It looks like a case of another punk who was on his way to a life of crime is no longer around to hurt someone else.
Then there is the story of the guy who was beat up showing no signs of it on the arrest video, looks like it could have been murder more then self protection.
The problem is the story keeps changing for both involved, on top of that the news people always seem to add their feelings into the story that helps sway it one way or the other.
It will be interesting to see what finally comes out of this one.