View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #76
winniboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
I agree with you on the Ward Bird case he was well within his rights, although once again I would go back to my statement of confrontation and mixing firearms with that. I certainly do not find fault with him confronting a trespasser, showing he was packing probably wasn't necessary but again well within his rights to do so. Had I been in that situation I would not have shown any iron unless I was prepared to use it. In NH you don't need a permit for a gun unless you are carrying concealed.

Fleming on the other hand did fire a shot into the ground, I'll give him credit for not shooting the robber, but that is IHMO at minimum irresponsible and I would dare say border line reckless discharge of a weapon. Should he have gotten arrested, no, but I think his actions were not exactly smart either. What if the perpetrator was packing and next thing you know we've got a shootout between those guys? Over what, a burglary? Again I point to the idea that the situation could have escalated when it wasn't really a situation of life or death. Don't get me wrong here I'm happy that the robber was busted but the outcome could have been much different and I think that is the lesson to come out of a case like this.
i agree it may have been a bonehead move, but by law, i dont see anything wrong with what he did. and to the poster above. when did i say anything about concealed weapons?
winniboy is offline   Reply With Quote