View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #74
codeman671

Quote:
Originally Posted by winniboy View Post
i agree i would also only KILL if it was a last resort, but like the ward bird case and this case. NO ONE IS DEAD, ward bird never fired a shot, and fleming only fired one into the ground. therefore by a legal standpoint, both are totally fine by law. as long as fleming had a permit for the gun. hell he can say he was doing some target practice or what ever, last time i checked, with proper permits, you can fire a gun on your own property. so what the hell was he arrested for? i shake my heads at the officer who did the arresting and at the AG, you are a fool.
You cannot fire a gun on your own property if you are within 300 feet of any other permanently occupied residence unless you have permission from the owner. You cannot discharge a firearm win the "compact" part of a town or city. You also cannot shoot over a road or within 15 feet of one. The list of limitations goes on. It sounds to me that Fleming did not comply with this which is why he was in hot water. Even the pd seemed to side with him, but the laws are the laws.

Nh does have permits, licenses or registrations for firearms themselves, just a license to carry in a concealed manner so you were incorrect here too. You can carry a loaded weapon as long as it it is not concealed in public with a few exceptions such as federal buildings, near schools, etc. Nh law actually specifies only none in courtrooms, federal law is more strict.

Owning, carrying or using a gun is a privilege and a right, not to be taken lightly.
codeman671 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codeman671 For This Useful Post: