View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #32
Don

Default Weathervane Review

I had lunch at the new Weathervane restaurant at Weirs Beach today and wanted to post my review and a few pictures.

When you first walk in the open kitchen is visible on the right and you are greeted by a host or hostess is the small entryway. There are some tables downstairs but to really appreciate the renovations you have to visit the upstairs dining room. It is large and open with cathedral ceilings, ceiling fans and flat screen TVs. The views of the Weirs all around through the many windows are surprisingly good. I don't know what was up there before but it's a great spot.

It was about 1 o'clock on a Sunday and they had many occupied tables, although it was still less than half full. All the staff had their smiles on and everyone said hello and gave us a friendly greeting. After choosing a booth our waitress Maria greeted us promptly and delivered their unusual wood framed menus.

I ordered the lobster roll (picture below) and my daughter ordered chicken fingers. Our drinks arrived in a few minutes and soon after our meals were there.

The lobster roll ($14.99) was served in a cute basket with french fries ($1 extra) and a pickle. As you can see in the picture Weathervane's lobster roll is a hot dog roll filled with lettuce and topped with a layer of lobster claws and meat. It looked like Maine or Canadian lobster, definitely not langostino. The lobster was tasty and was mixed with a light mayonnaise sauce. I asked for a little drawn butter on the side and that really brought out the flavor. I would rate it very good. If I was going to nitpick I'd prefer a little less lettuce and a little more lobster but maybe that's because I still dream about the double stuffed rolls at the old Waldo Peppers. For me WP lobster rolls set the standard that all others will forever be judged by.

My daughter's chicken fingers and fries ($9.99) were also good and they were gobbled up quickly.

Overall the meal was very good and I'll definitely return with the entire family to try some other menu items. The location is great, the restaurant is very clean and inviting and the service was excellent. It's a great addition to Weirs Beach.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Don For This Useful Post: